Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
tensed .....
amanjith posted:
already gave my blood for 2nd test for hiv(its been 6 month now)....now im waiting for the result.....im just curious and worried to know is there any chance for hiv positive result in 6 month test.....(i already got hiv negative when i get tested 1st time that was around 75 days after the sexual encounter)..because im still struggling with fungus infection and im under medication.......

Nieciedo responded:
I don't know what the nature of your exposure was, but a test 75 days - really anything more than 6 weeks - is going to be pretty much conclusive (90 days is the end of the standard window period).

If you had not produced enough antibodies to test positive by 75 days, then the odds of you seroconverting after that are infinitessimally small, a fact which I am confident that your most recent test will confirm.

In fact, that's how you should look at this: this second test is going to confirm what you already know, that you don't have HIV.

Dan

amanjith replied to Nieciedo's response:
used condoms but i used my sore finger in her vagina

.....and my fungus infection started after 1 month of that encounter and i just got fever after 2 months ...

is fungus infection considered as initial symptom?
..........is there any chance to show as hiv positive in 6th
month test (i already got hiv negative in 75 day test ?
sorry because of fungus infection im worrying......

Nieciedo replied to amanjith's response:
What do you mean by a "sore" finger? Unless there was an open, bleeding sore or wound on your finger, then there was no open portal into the blood stream through which HIV could enter.

Regardless, the 75-day negative result is practically a conclusive argument against HIV infection.

Fungal infections have nothing to do with HIV infection, and the fever that you got 2 months after the episode had nothing to do with this encounter.

Unless you had any other risky encounters since this one, I am confident that your results will be negative.

Dan

Helpful Tips

A few words of advice that you can choose to take to heart
Just get tested every six months if you plan on, or a regular practitioner of unsafe sex. Since Six months is the final window period after ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.