Skip to content
pleasehelpmecleardoubts
An_244120 posted:
Hi,
I had some doubts or quesztions about HIV please helpme clear them I would really be thankful. I had a sexual encounter with a csw last year, today being 1 year to this thing. Immediatgely after this incident i had several tests done, eliksa, p24, rna n one more and all came negative. few tests took a week to get the results back and since then till date i didnt have any of the acute symptoms which i read eeverywhre about hiv.

Now let em tell u about the incident, I had sex with a csw for almost 30 miutes whre she game me a blowjob wwith a condom on and also without changing the condom i had sex with her i didnt do anything anal with her. i had sex twice with her and after which played with her breasts and realised ther were a few drops of breastgmilk and i dont recollect if i came in contactwith tht. i then cleanedmy priavtes and tht was end of it. Now my questions are if i didnt test positive back them are there chances i need to check again.

i also like to infomr tht my condom didntbreak but i am not sure asi didnt check. so would anyone know if a condom breaks

also if a condom doesnt break and i have sex with a csw am i stil at risk for hiv.

n as of now i have some stomach issues but not very severe but yes for sometime have indigestion and acidity and feel burning sensation at anus after stols, so is thtis something related to hiv or something.

I woudl appreciate any help you can give to clear my doubts and ans my questions. please help

georgiagail responded:
If a condom is used accurately and doesn't break, there is no way that one can become infected with HIV (even assuming your partner was positive).

It is hard to miss a condom breaking. Think of a balloon bursting. Would you miss that if that happened while on your penis?

Gail

An_244120 replied to georgiagail's response:
thnks Gail,

But do you think i need to test again and also during this year i didnt get any of those symptoms, are there are symptoms in the 12 months after incident. i know i am askin foolish question after u said there is no risk but i still have unanswered questions in my mind

Nieciedo replied to An_244120's response:
You were not at risk during this encounter, and there are no signs or symptoms that you would be experiencing even if you had been infected.

It's a good idea for everyone who is sexually active to get tested regularly, so perhaps an HIV test now - a year after the fact - will put your mind at least and clear away these unanswered questions?

I repeat: you were not at risk for HIV in this encounter as you have described it.

Dan

An_244120 replied to Nieciedo's response:
Dan, so there are no symptoms to anyoen and what is acute symptoms which happens immediately to people which is also written on your website. If a condom does not break thn is it protected. Coz after this incident i went for check up for STD and HIV and got to knw had genital herp so could you please tell me is there still a risk n doesnt condoms protect from std

Many people who get infected experience a short illness 2 to 6 weeks after infection that looks and feels just like the flu. Also like the flu, it lasts about a week or two and then goes away. After that, there are no signs or symptoms of HIV for many years, until the virus has weakened the immune system enough to allow for other infections to set in. This takes, on average, 10 years.

If you had been infected one year ago, you would not be having any symptoms now so your stomach issues have nothing to do with HIV.

A latex condom protects against HIV because HIV needs direct access to the blood stream either through an open sore or wound or through a mucous membrane. Unless you have some open sores or wounds on your penis, the only real point of entry is the urethra which was protected by the unbroken condom.

HIV is a very hard STD to catch. Some other STDs, such as herpes, are very easy to catch because they only require skin-to-skin contact.

Dan

An_244120 replied to Nieciedo's response:
Thanks a lot Dan, what you have said has eased my anxiety a lot. Just to be sure Dan if i wore a condom and it didnt break or slip and i didnt have any sores on my penis then its protected sex. also herpes passes through skin contact also and hiv does not pass from a intact condom and the stomach issues i have are not related to hiv so if i again test i will be negative coz i wore a condom and it didnt break or slip i am so ashamed of myself tht i did this thing last year. since then till today the days i have spent have never been the same as before, pls do reply i wont bother u guys much again. thanks

Dan n team thanks a lot for all the advice

I reiterate and stand behind everything I said.

Since you used a condom and the condom did not break, you were not at risk for HIV. If you haven't had any risky encounters since then, an HIV test will confirm that you are negative.

Dan

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.