Skip to content
6 months later
An_244768 posted:
I posted about 6 months ago, freaking out about a blackout encounter I had with a male (I am a male) and I wasn't sure what happened during this encounter. I got a rapid test at the 25 day mark and was negative which I was told is a very good indicator (95%) 6 months later I came down with a fever that I could not get rid of and went to the doctor which told me I had an infection in my sinuses and my throat... I have been on high dosages of antibiotics for 4 days and the fevers stopped day one but my lymph nodes in my neck are still enlarged. Is it possible for the symptoms to come on 6 months later? I am going for my 6 month test but this has got me worried.
Thanks in advance

Nieciedo responded:
Acute Retroviral Syndrome, the body's initial response to HIV infection, begins 2 to 6 weeks after infection, lasts about a week or two, then goes away.

Your current symptoms therefore have no connection whatsoever to whatever did (or did not) happen during this blackout episode.

Dan

d4101 replied to Nieciedo's response:
Just had a oraqucik at over 6 months and was negative. Thank you for everything.

Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.