Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Believing my test
Anon_136251 posted:
I am having trouble believing my negative test at 3 months. My eexposure was ejaculation inside a condom which I assume didnt break and he told me it did not break and a min of insertion without eejaculation without condom. For some reason I still think any ache or cold sore has something to do with HIV. I dont think I can go on thinking I have this if people tell me I dont. The place I got tested at was an std clinic so if i didnt see the result for my self I can assume they did it accurately? They didnt give me information like pamphlets but it was extended testing hours.
Do you have any advice how I can get on with my life and stop worrying about it? Thanks

Nieciedo responded:
Your risk was minimal because the ejaculation took place inside a condom and there was very little chance of exposure during the brief period of unprotected penetration.

You waited the proper length of time to ensure an accurate result, and you went to a clinic that specializes in STD testing.

It should be an open-and-shut case that you do not have HIV and have no need to continue to worry about this. For some reason, however, you can't let it go.

Why is that? For many people who we help here, guilt is the force that won't let them accept the reality that they don't have HIV. Whatever is preventing you from accepting your results, I think you would benefit from talking with someone you trust, be it a counselor, therapist, or clergy person.

Dan

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.