Mono for sure?
An_245100 posted:
My doctor diagnosed me with mono about a month ago. I had a lot of the symptoms where i just felt awful and i had swollen lymph glands in my neck. I found it weird that i never got the sore throat. And that seemed to be a major indicator, which got me worrying. I read on the internet that mono and HIV had the same similar symptoms and is often misdiagnosed as mono, that scared me. I haven't had unprotected sex but the guy did play around like that but i never didn't use a condom. Does any one have any answers that might put my mind at ease. I know i should just go get tested but i was hoping for a solution first?

Nieciedo responded:
If you didn't have unprotected sex, then there was no risk for HIV.

While mononucleosis often does include a sore throat, it doesn't have to.

Mono is vastly more easy to transmit than HIV, and since you were never apparently at risk for HIV I don't see any reason to assume that you have it. I would trust your doctor and accept that it is mono.

Dan

bamafan18 replied to Nieciedo's response:
Thank you Dan. I didn't really know how to explain when i said he played around. wht i meant was tht he would stick it in and i would say no and then id pull it out. got tired of tht after a few months and we are not together anymore to say the least.

Nieciedo replied to bamafan18's response:
The risk from that kind of activity is practically nil. It's not a good idea, since it's easier to pass on other diseases like herpes or gonorrhea, but it's not a realistic risk for HIV.

Dan