Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HIV-2
An_245567 posted:
Hello. I recently got a negative 14 month hiv1/2 test. I'm still concerned because I've had angular chelitis. I'm more concerned about HIV-2 because I've read that seroconversion can take a lot longer. There was an article written that said there were a couple people who tested negative for HIV-2 antibodies but positive for HIV-2 virus. They said it may have been due to the virus being more mild that the body may not produce antibodies. I'm extremely concerned. Isnt angular chelitis considered to be a form or oral thrush? I know oral thrush is a huge indicator of HIV. Someone please help

georgiagail responded:
No, Angular Cheilitis is not a symptom of HIV.

http://angularcheilitis.wordpress.com/

Gail

Worrierkt25 replied to georgiagail's response:
I've read that angular chelitis is a form of oral thrush. Although my angular chelitis has always gone away within a few days with no medication. Is it always due to yeast infections or are there other causes?

georgiagail replied to Worrierkt25's response:
Read the article I attached above.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Encouragement for those who are worried
I gained a lot of reassurance reading this board over the last week and I just wanted to post my own experience to hopefully ease the minds ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.