Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
CAN I HAVE CONTRACTED HIV ?????
soulmte posted:
my best friend is hiv positive 4 15 years , we share everything; food, straws, cigarettes, utencils ... i just had a complete blood panel due 2 being sick ... my white count is low, weight loss, staff infection , etc. he has 2 broken teeth & i no it holds food & saliva ... can i have contracted hiv ???
help !!!!!
"soulmte"

Take the Poll

contracting hiv
  • yes
  • no
vote
View Poll Results

Nieciedo responded:
Unless the things you shared included blood or sexual fluids, you were not at risk for HIV.

Dan

soulmte replied to Nieciedo's response:
DAN , THANK U 4 RESPONDING ... NO, WE DONT HAVE SEX ... BUT THE SALIVA SHARED IN FOOD, CIGARETTES, ETC. & THE QUESTION OF HIS 2 BROKEN TEETH THAT COLLECST FOOD & SALIVA HAVE ME CONCERNED ... I WOULDNT B QUESTIONING THIS , EXCEPT ME HEMATOLOGIST SHOWED CONCERN DUE 2 MY BLOOD PANEL BEING SO BAD ... ALONG WITH MY RECENT ILLNESSES ... PLEASE REPLY 2 ANYTHING THAT U FEEL MIGHT B PERTINENT 2 MY DILEMMA ...
THANK U !!!!!

georgiagail replied to soulmte's response:
The virus does not reside in the saliva of an HIV positive individual.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.