Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stranger's blood contact
Anon_41414 posted:
I am concerned bc I was playing pickup basketball and this stranger fell and cut his elbow bad. He didn't realize right away but a few minutes later someone pointed it out. I was guarding him and realized I had his blood on my left hand (palm and fingers). I also had a bit of his blood on my knee bc I believe I scratched at it. I am worried because there were TONS of mosquitos out that day (I live in Houston where it's humid) and I got a lot of mosquito bites that day. Could blood from this guy have gotten in through the mosquito bite into my bloodstream? I worried because the blood was fresh bc he was actively bleeding and he may have come brushed a mosquito bite of mine where there was an open wound? Am I at risk for HIV or HEP C?

georgiagail responded:
No, his blood could not enter your body through a mosquito bite.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.