Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mosquito blood
Anon_41414 posted:
Hi,

I posted earlier about the strangers' blood. Is it possible that if someone is bleeding, and there's tons of mosquitos, that a mosquito can track some of the blood and then go bite another individual and infect them with HIV or HEP C. THe mosquito doesn't necessarily have to bite both people, but as long as it contacts one person's blood and then bites the next person, it's sort of like it's injecting an infected needle (in this case, its stinger)?

georgiagail responded:
No. The fear of HIV transmission through mosquitoes and other blood sucking insects has been around since HIV was first discovered.

These insects suck blood INTO their bodies. They do not fly around injecting this blood into other humans. Thus, they do not work like syringes and needles.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Encouragement for those who are worried
I gained a lot of reassurance reading this board over the last week and I just wanted to post my own experience to hopefully ease the minds ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.