Skip to content
Possible symptoms?
KLC1985 posted:
Hi there everybody. I was hoping for some opinions about what I am going through right now. I had possible last weekend (5-26-2012), and all of this week I felt useless. I was fatigued, had a sore throat, yellow stool, a couple nights I had slight night sweat ( the weather has been warming up so it could have been that), i felt like I had a raise of body temperature even though I was indoors, etc. I also noticed swelling in my groin area and on the right side of my throat. The swelling on my throat and my groin started monday or tuesday along with the fatigue. Yellow stool started wednesday.

I feel physically better now as far as the fatigue, however, now I am experiencing oral thrush. This morning, I noticed the back of my throat, roof of my mouth, uvula and tonsils have become white in color with a burning sensation. I noticed some ulcers developing on towards the back of my tongue, on my tonsils, and in the back of my throat. My tongue also seems to have turned white, especially the area of it further back towards my throat. My lymph nodes on the right side of my neck seem to have swollen compared to the size they were during the week. Could this all be ARS/HIV symptoms all at a week after exposure?? To my understanding (which could be incorrect of course) I thought all the symptoms were supposed to happen 2 to 4 weeks after exposure?

Also, is a burning sensation under my feet consider an ARS or HIV symptom? I noticed burning sensation on the soles of my feet at night and it started a couple nights ago.

georgiagail responded:
"Could this all be ARS/HIV symptoms all at a week after exposure?"

No. ARS is described as "flu like symptoms" and it typically starts two to six weeks after exposure, although it may start a bit earlier than this. It would not produce yellow stool nor "thrush".

The oral candida seen in HIV is not a part of early onset HIV. If it occurs it is when the immune system has already been severely damaged by the virus. In an untreated individual this is years, not one week, after an exposure.

The same situation with neuropathies associated with HIV (i.e., burning feeling in feet).

Can I guess that you've perhaps have been reading about symptoms of HIV over the internet?

Gail

KLC1985 replied to georgiagail's response:
Of course I have been looking up symptoms and self diagnosing, even after I saw two different doctors. What would the world be without people like me worrying about things we should not be worried about. Haha. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. It didn't help that everybody is away right now and I am home all by myself with nothing else better to do than freak my self out! I am all good now. Looking at all the dynamics of the situation, I was on a cruise the time it happened. And I drank way more alcohol than usual, and not as much water as I usually consume. Plus, it was the first time since last year I had that much sun exposure. Also, I didn't sleep very much during the cruise trip. My whole body probably went down hill because of all those things combined. But of course I didn't think about that stuff when I was feeling crappy all week.

10willis10 replied to KLC1985's response:
Just relax and get tested brotha! I have been on a roller coaster for the past 11 weeks thinking I had gotten HIV. I got pneumonia a week after along with a week fever, night sweats, aches and also thought my tongue had "turned white". I found out today I am negative for everything!! Some other "symptoms" I experience was lump in throat which made me feel like my nodes were swollen which actually werent. It was anxiety that causes it. I found myself constantly checking my tongue and researching. Once I stopped everything got better so dont research! Stress can screw you up mentally and physically. Everyones tongue is different, mines always been whiter in the back. and Thrush is white cottage cheese looking patchy areas and will comes off if scraped and bleed a little. Stay in there! get tested!

KLC1985 replied to 10willis10's response:
Thanks 10willis10! I'm hanging in here pretty well. I just got tested and it came back negative. I took the plunge and I feel a lot better. I was a little worried that it may have been too early to test, but I was told that most people would have detectable HIV antibody levels by now. The muscle and joint pain has decreased, however, the burning sensation under my right foot has come back. But the negative HIV test put my mind a lot at ease. My doctor said that in one of my other blood tests, my "total protein" level was higher than the high limit, so my body is definitely fighting off something. We're trying to narrow down what it could be. I definitely created an anxiety problem for myself. When I get in at night and I am by myself to think, my throat tightens up and I get some chest pain. So I need to learn to chill out better.

Helpful Tips

Rashes from below
My biggest concern ever while having a girl in bed is hoping my rash doesn't show. At one point my own penis is cock blocking me by having ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.