Skip to content
could i be hiv positive
purpleplum2 posted:
hi, on feb. 26, 2012 i had unprotected sex with a male. i am a woman. at 25 days i had a rna pcr, at 45 days i had a dna pcr, at 79 days another rna pcr hiv tests done. at 2 months a rapid hiv test, at 3 months 93 days i had another rapid hiv test. i also had an eliza around 1 to 2 months. i had symptoms starting about 2 weeks after. i woke up one morning from a dream with my body aching all over. my skin gets red and it hurts like a sunburn on my neck. sometimes when i get out the shower in different parts of my body i get blotches of red. i have been nauseaus for 3 months. i have no appitite for 3 months. my temp has got as high as 99.8 but only last a couple of days. this last month it has rose again to 99.8 but doesn't stay that high all day. i had direah a couple of times at the begininng. i am always hot now when before i was always cold. my stool is pale or yellowish not dark brown. my neck hurts at times but not a musle sore hurt. i don't know if my lymphnodes are not right because i don't know what right is. all my test came back negative but i am so worried any advice. could all these systoms be hiv and it just hasn't showed up yet. i never had any problems before this encounter

purpleplum2 responded:
also have a sore throat which i never had since i had my tonsils taken out

georgiagail responded:
We do not attempt to diagnose HIV by symptoms because it is impossible to do so. Instead, the ONLY way to know ones status is through testing.

You've had very extensive and thorough testing for HIV with all test results coming back as non-reactive/negative. You are HIV negative. Unfortunately, we cannot tell you what are causing these symptoms but it is not HIV.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.