Skip to content
Help I am at risk of having HIV through drug use
shane2586 posted:
I am scared to death. I had been clean for over 4 years then somehow got back into using heroin. I was taken to a house that sold heroin and syringes. My first HUGE mistake was sharing a spoon with a person who told me she was infected with hep c.....I got tested for that roughly 2-3 weeks after exposure and tests came back negative. But I bought syringes from there on several occassionss because the local pharmacy wouldnt sell them to me. I saw the box they came in..they looked clean smelled like clean plastic i guess and had a red cap on both the needle and the back of the plunger. I dont know if they ever gave me a used syringe. And if they had I dont know if it was used by a hiv positive user...I just dont know, but I know Im totally at risk and i am so scared. If i am positive i've most likely given it to my g/f...its now been only about 9 days since I last used a syringe from the house. Please can anyone give me any positive feedback....positive feedback only please?

georgiagail responded:
From your description it sounds as if these were clean (unused) syringes. Doesn't sound as if you saw any blood in the actual syringe; this would indicate they are used.

Does your girlfriend know you have returned to abusing heroin? Are you seeking help with your addiction?

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.