Skip to content
HIV from swallowing semen?
10willis10 posted:
Okay Im scared to death right now....about 13 weeks ago i had a possible risk of contracting HIV. I blood drawn and tested for HIV and all other stds at 11 weeks including urine and swab for Chlamydia twice. EVERYTHING CAME BACK NEGATIVE. I've been having some burning urination. Went to the urologist he said it was most likely prostatitis. He said Prostatitis is not contagious and can't be transmitted sexually. So since everything is negative and Prostititis isn't contageous my gf of 3 months and I have started having sex with protection of course. About 7 days ago she gave me oral and swallowed for the first time. Last night her throat became extremely sore and is swollen and was a bad headache and chills.

Was my 11 week blood test not conclusive? The girl I was at risk with too tested negative for everything. I've had 2 separate chlamydia tests too urine/swab both negative. No bacteria or white blood cells in urine culture.

Can you transmit HIV from swallowing? Is it high risk? Is this all just a big coincidence? Please help.

Thank you so much...

10willis10 responded:
Just found out my gf has strep throat. Can this be ARS or can other stds cause strep throat? Or just a coincidence?

georgiagail replied to 10willis10's response:
Strep throat is not a symptom of an STD and certainly not ARS. It is caused by a very common bacteria that many of us have. HIV is a viral disease, not a bacterial one. Your HIV test done at 11 weeks was quite accurate in terms of your status.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001663/

Gail

10willis10 replied to georgiagail's response:
You're responses are very appreciative Gail! You've responded to mine before. Thank you for everything!

georgiagail replied to 10willis10's response:
Please put your concerns about HIV behind you. Test results outweigh concerns over symptoms every time!

Your tests results show that you are clearly HIV negative!

Gail

10willis10 replied to georgiagail's response:
Will do! Thanks again for everything!

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.