Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HIV Living with me and Learning Well about Early Stages of Shingles.
An_246120 posted:
It would be very helpful for those, whom have HIV, and are experiencing the Herpes Zoster virus called : Shingles ; To be able to empower themselves about this virus, since the varicella zoster virus ( VZV ), that causes Chickenpox, is already in you. To seek early treatment, as soon as possible.
According to my research, so far, has lead me to understand that, it's more known to people over the age of 50. But, for those, like myself, does mean, that your immune system is already compromised, and not knowing about this virus in advance, can be a very irritable and painful process, without early tretment.
Right now, my itching is untolerable, to the point, I know, I need something extermely strong for the itch.
I'm allergic to Penicillin; Sulfa-Drugs and Coedine, which makes my treatment even more careful to diagnose. Yet, I'm a 17 yr old vet to HIV. That being said, and also concerning my research : there's not enough study for those with HIV and Treating Shingles at the same time. So, my conclusion is : and message. If a Dermatologist reads this message ; please feel free to repond, because I need to be ahead of this, before it gets worse. I'll explain further, upon a response. Thankyou all whom have read my very first " Start a Disscussion. "

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 36 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.