Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hiv-risk
franco9mk posted:
.I had my first incident with a female on June 1st during which the condom broke and i was exposed for a few mins to secs, her vagina was dry.i would like to say that she is a questionable female. My next encounter was the June 11th dureing whcih the condom broke again ,her vagina was wet,but i noticed that the condom broke in this situation earlier. The third and last sexual encounter was June 24th the condom broke, i asked her if she was okay,STD free she told me she checked herself every three months,and that she didnt have anything, she is a questionable female as well her lifestyle and the things she does. I went for conselling and they told me to check back in 2 weeks for a HIV test, im running crazy and i thing ima kill myself. I,m so scared and want a part in non of this( sorry for sounding like that, but i,m currently going through other things in my life rite now being homeless and trying to make ends meet) i just dont know what to do,what to expect or if i can cope...i feel funny today like a have a cold coming on , im of to the pharmacy to see if they have a thermometer so that i can constantly keep track of my temp incase i develope of fever ,i have body pains right now .( note that all three females are different people) please i would greatly appreciate any insight and support from this community.

georgiagail responded:
The ESTIMATED risk from unprotected (i.e., the condom broke) insertive (that's you) penile-vaginal intercourse is 5 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus.

Thus, even assuming these partners are HIV positive, the odds are incredibly in your favor that the virus was not passed on to you (note that the assumption with the above risk factor is that the unprotected contact lasted longer than a few seconds.).

There is no need to consider killing yourself; far better to invest in a better set of condoms. And stop trying to diagnose anything based on symptoms but do get tested at the appropriate time and let us know the results.

Gail

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Franco,

I hope you can really hear what Gail is saying to you. And I also hope you'll find some support for you for all the issues you're currently facing.

And if you need help keeping yourself safe, please call a crisis line and let them help you.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.