Skip to content
Letting go
Anon_136251 posted:
I was diagnosed with high risk HPV 6 mos ago and my sexual encounter was a year and a half ago and haven't had any encounters since. I was tested for chalmydia and gonorrhea that was negative and I took a rapid HIV test at 98 days at the health dept that was negative but I'm still scared that if my hpv doesn't go away then it's because of the HIV. I've thought of getting another test many times bbut never do because I'm scared what the result will be or because I did test for it so I really dont need another one.
I'm feeling really regretful and don't know how to handle this. I tried talking to people about it but it doesn't work all the time. I know that hpv is very common though.
Thanks

elle0317 responded:
"but I'm still scared that if my hpv doesn't go away then it's because of the HIV"

You are HIV negative, and has nothing to do with HPV. I don't understand your concern? HPV is the most common STD in the US. Did you develop warts or have an abnormal PAP?

Anon_136251 replied to elle0317's response:
I had two abnormal paps, normal colposcopy, and awaiting results from 3rd pap test. If this is abnormal then I will have another colposcopy done.

georgiagail replied to Anon_136251's response:
Unfortunately, this is fairly common; however, as Elle0317 has pointed out, this is not an indication of HIV.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Rashes from below
My biggest concern ever while having a girl in bed is hoping my rash doesn't show. At one point my own penis is cock blocking me by having ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.