Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stressed out and going crazy over possible hiv symptoms. Please Help!!!!
An_246639 posted:
I noticed a weird rash on my upper back about 3 months ago. The rash the spread dwn my arm. No other symptoms at the time of the rash. Now 3 months later i have sore throat and puffy gland in front part of my neck. Could this possibly be hiv?? I have been so stressed about it. I cant eat or sleep cause i fear i have hiv. Can someone please tell me what this could be?

georgiagail responded:
Sorry; we can diagnose over the internet. Why are you worried that this might represent HIV (it doesn't by the way).

If you have, in the past, engaged in an activity that may have exposed you to this virus, consider getting tested. Many placed offer screening tests where results are available in 20 minutes.

Gail

An_246639 replied to georgiagail's response:
Im worried because I had an std that went undiagnosed for a while. But I've only had sex with one person for the past 3 years. I got tested last week and now I'm waiting for the results to come back. I'm just really scared.

georgiagail replied to An_246639's response:
Keep in mind that of all the possible STD's, HIV is one of THE most difficult to transmit to another. Unlike other STD's such as chlamydia and gonorrhea (which only require contact with mucous membranes for transmission), HIV must be able to actually enter the body for transmission to occur.

It is often the waiting for test results that is the most anxiety producing. Please let us know your results when you get them, OK?

Gail

An_246639 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks. I really needed to hear that. I get my results back today and I'm praying for good results. I think worrying too much has caused me to think I'm having symptoms when I'm really not. I will keep you updated.

ParanoidFrenzy replied to An_246639's response:
I tested negative!!! Best news ever!!!!!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to ParanoidFrenzy's response:
Great to hear!
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Helpful Tips

A few words of advice that you can choose to take to heart
Just get tested every six months if you plan on, or a regular practitioner of unsafe sex. Since Six months is the final window period after ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.