Skip to content
A couple of questions
An_246921 posted:
The early symptoms of HIV - do they come and go or do they start and then when they go they are gone? What I mean is say you get a sore throat is it liely to come and go for a few days or couple of weeks (like with an allergy) or does it stay constant so to speake.

My other question is I have no real appetite for the past 4 days. When I go to eat I just cannot stomach it. Is that a posible early symptom or is it mor likely a reaction to he fear and stress I feel? Thanks to all who reply

georgiagail responded:
The early stages of HIV (called ARS) occurs two to six weeks after transmission and is described as "flu like" symptoms.

Like the regular flu it lasts about 2 weeks.

Gail

An_246921 replied to georgiagail's response:
So I guess you are sayin it stays and does not come and go like allergies.?

And how about the loss of appetite part of my question?

I am sorry to be a pain but I am worried and waiting to get my test. Again thanks

georgiagail replied to An_246921's response:
Correct; it does not come and go. I suspect your lack of appetite is due to stress and worry over all of this.

Gail

Mikeonthefloor replied to georgiagail's response:
HIV test came back negative today!

georgiagail replied to Mikeonthefloor's response:
Time to celebrate!

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.