Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    some body please talk to me
    An_247253 posted:
    a few days ago me and a girl I am dating had unprotected sex. about two days later she came down with a flu like illness, had to get antibiotics. I have convinced myself that I have given her HIV and I'm freaking out. I had had sex before here but never anything without a condom, so I just want.some advice on what to do cause I'm scared
    georgiagail responded:
    The symptoms of ARS develops two to six weeks after transmission, not two days later.

    In addition, the fact she required antibiotics would indicate a bacterial, not viral infection. Antibiotics are totally useless in treating viral infections.

    If all your previous encounters were protected...and the condom was used accurately and did not break or tear...there is nothing you could pass on to her.

    If you remain concerned that YOU might be infected (highly, highly unlikely considering what you've posted here), then consider a screening test to allay your fears.


    Helpful Tips

    heres my point
    stay away from needles unless your health depends on it...and for christs sake dont share them. too late for me to heed that advice. dying ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.