Skip to content
Worrying Myself Sick
Lena408 posted:
About 5 months ago i had unprotected sex with a guy i didnt know soo well i mean he didnt look dirty or anything its just the fact that i dont know where hes been and how many partners he has had. After we had sex i was stressing like crazy because my period was taking forever to come soo i thought i couldve been pregnant so i would stress myself out.. then about 2 weeks later i started having this diarriha that was really watery that lasted about a week i dont know if it was due to stress or not so that same week i made an appointment to get checked up results came back pretty normal no hiv at that time.. so i chilled until about 2 months later i started getting ichy rashes kinda hiv like out of nowhere when they first started to occur they would itch like crazyy and show up in big patches which caused me to stress even more then i started having this discharge that would like soak my underwear soo i went back to the doctor this is about months after the risky sex got tested agian they did the rapid hiv which came back negative agian and nothing else came up postive no stds nothing..so i stay cool or tryed too until the discharge i was having became itcy around my lips and VERY annoying so my auntie took me too the ER because she was tired of seeing me stress out like i have been and still am.. but i go there they couldnt give me a test for HIV cause the states thats not a emergency..but she checked me out and told me i had BV agian i had BV the 1st time i went to the doctor btw so i take the meds for a week and all of a sudden a week later i get this white thick discharge and im starting to itch agian.. idk if its a yeast infection or if my BV is coming back i dont know what to do. im young scared and desperate to be healthy..im scared of having HIV i have a daugther i want to see grow up..i made another appointment to get checked up agian in a few days.. but do you think i would of showed positive by now if i had HIV?

georgiagail responded:
Your posting is a bit confusing.

Did you get tested at the 3 month mark?

Did you get tested for other STD's beside HIV?

Gail

Lena408 replied to georgiagail's response:
yes i got tested at the 3 month mark with the rapid test which came back negitive but i also heard that those arent always 100% sure and i did get tested for other STDS except syphilis. But i also heard u should test after 6 months too..
sorry for the confusion im just very flustered and stressed out wrote it kinda fast..
another thing i noticed since the incident everytime i like get on rollercosters and stuff like that ill feel really dizzy and sick but that never used to happen. also i feel like my stools are diffrent.. i know stress can cause alot of issues with the body too but the thought of having HIV is killing me. Im only 19 and i have a daugther to live for... i have another appointment in a few days im goin to get another test done to reasure myself. im just soo worried

georgiagail replied to Lena408's response:
Testing at the three month mark will provide extremely effective results in terms of ones status.

HIV screening tests for antibodies the immune system begins to crank out after transmission has taken place. By 90 days post transmission, 99.9 percent of newly infected folks will have enough of these antibodies to be picked up by current testing methods.

Therefore, your upcoming test will have results that are no different than the previous one regarding your status. You are HIV negative.

Gail

Hope You Are Correct.. But if its Not HIV what would Be Causing These Bumpy itchy rashes and continuous Bactrial Vagnosis and the change in stool?? could it be from stress or something else?? i just know my body has not felt right since then..i really appriciate your help i needed an expert opinion..

For bumpy, itchy rashes you might need to see a Dermatologist. The rash sometimes seen in HIV is not itchy.

Bacterial vaginosis is, unfortunately, very common. The normal vaginal tract contains both bacteria and yeast, typically in small quantities. If there is an overgrowth of either, the result is bacterial vaginosis (or, a yeast infection).

I suspect the change in stool is due to stress and worry over a disease that you do not have. Really.

Gail

Thank You SOOOO Much Gail. I Dont think you know how much stress you have helped me lift off my shoulders.. ill keep you updated on the test results im feeling a little more confident now. thanks agian

I am glad that you are feeling better!

Gail

Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.