Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
worried
vikingfan posted:
I have a question about an incident a friend of mine had yesterday. He met a married man and did some mutual masterbation with no oral or anal sex. He did get some of his percum on his hands and thigh. The married man's pennis rubbed against his thigh and on the palm of his hand and on the back of his hand when he tucked in his shirt he felt something wet on the shirt and assumed it was precum. Neither one of them completed ejaculation. There was other rubbing but he did not feel any more precum. The individual said he had been tested in the last six months and this was his first exposure outside his wife. My friend said he had a hang nail on one finger but it was not bleeding and he did not feel or see precum in that area. Should he be tested?

georgiagail responded:
There is no need for your friend to get tested. Even if his partner was HIV positive there was absolutely no risk of transmission from having a penis rubbed on ones thigh, palm or back of the hand or a wet spot on a shirt.

Gail

vikingfan replied to georgiagail's response:
The precum on the hand, thigh, palm and back of the hand was from the married man. He did not see any open cuts but did have a hang nail (No bleeding) but did not see or feel precum on that area. Should he be tested

georgiagail replied to vikingfan's response:
No; there is no need for testing. Even assuming this person was HIV positive, the virus cannot cross intact skin (and a hangnail is not an open portal into the body).

Gail

Helpful Tips

Encouragement for those who are worried
I gained a lot of reassurance reading this board over the last week and I just wanted to post my own experience to hopefully ease the minds ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.