Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
scared ..plz advice me
thekk posted:
had a bad sexual experience with a sex worker one and half month before...and i used condom but at the end she pulled out the condom from my penis and she was trying for give oral, i didn't allow her for oral and i tried to get the same condom and i wore it after almost 1 minute....the mistake i made here was, i put the same condom inside out and after that we had intercourse for 1- 2 mints ...now a days im so scared and thinking that i got enough exposure to get the virus...
what are the chances for hiv positive for this exposure?
sorry my language is not good....plz help with this problem

georgiagail responded:
Because you managed to put the condom back on inside out, there is a chance that you came in contact with any of her sexual fluids that were initially on the outside of the condom.

Whether this poses a health risk to you is unknown since you cannot confirm that this sex worker was even HIV positive.

If you remain concerned over this event, consider getting tested at the 3 month mark.

Gail

thekk replied to georgiagail's response:
yup i will get tested at 3 month mark . and i heard that hiv will not survive more than 30 seconds outside body. im pretty sure that i wore the condom after 1 minute.......does that make any slight difference?

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.