Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
So scary. I got HIV symptoms like fever coming every night and chills every early morning
samg148282 posted:
I am a male 31 years.
One stripper of unknown HIV status gave me a blowjob a 40 days ago from now in a strip club. She spitted on my penis without condom and gave me blowjob. She did not use her mouth directly on my penis. I did not think anything about HIV about this. 9 days ago from now I had unprotected oral sex with a female in a strip club. She directly used her mouth on my penis without condom and I also did use my tounge on her vagina. Immediately next day of this, I got very scared and keep browsing the internet about HIV symptoms all the day. I am so tensed all the day, not getting sleep.I read HIV can be transmitted by oral sex aswell and read about HIV symptoms like fever, chills, sore throat etc. After 5 days from my latest sexual exposure, I got fever at the night and chill(my body is shivering in the early morning) and found rash on my chest. Rash went away on the same day. I started scaring more and more now.

I was worried more because, my HIV symptoms may come from my previous blowjob experience. Today(9th of of my latest sexual exposure and 40th day from my previous blowjob experience) have given my blood samples for DNA PCR test and Antibody test.
Waiting with scary for results as it takes atleast 3 days to get the results.

I am not able to concentrate on my work or anything. Not able to eat food because of lot of tension thinking about HIV. Daily morning I am looking at me in the mirror that any new symptoms I got or so.

Do people get HIV symptoms with lot of tension, anxiety or pressure thinking about HIV? Please suggest the best test I can do immediately to get rid of my hell of tension.

PCR DNA test gives me the approx confirmation for my recent 9 days exposure and/or 40 days earlier sexual exposure?

Thanks a lot for your comments.

georgiagail responded:
Oral sex (both receiving and giving) carries an EXTREMELY low risk of HIV.

Think along the line of .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus. Your risk would be less since you cannot confirm your partners status.

Yes, most people who believe they may be HIV positive and read up about symptoms on the Internet become convinced they have all of these. If you'll look back on the previous postings, many have become convinced they must be HIV positive when in reality their symptoms are due to stress, worry, lack of sleep and being overly focused on HIV. They are often very surprised (hopefully pleasantly so) when their test results come back showing that no, they are not infected.

For the next 3 days do yourself a favor and stay away from other sites that discuss HIV while you wait for your test results.

In addition, if you wish to attend strip clubs, bring condoms with you. Not that the oral sex is risky (and your first encounter does not appear to be oral sex but rather more like a handjob) but that agonizing over these events afterwards just doesn't seem worth the few minutes of pleasure they brought you.

Gail

samg148282 replied to georgiagail's response:
Gail,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will wait by ignoring all stuff related to HIV. Will post back with my results.

georgiagail replied to samg148282's response:
Yes; please let us know your test results...

Gail

Got my results today. It was negative. Got kind of relief from my 1 week of stress. Here are the test description
#1.Test Method: HIV early detection by Qualitative DNA PCR
Tests: HIV DNA by PCR
In Range:not detected
Results:NEGATIVE
#2. Test Method: HIV-1 Antibody by Enzyme immunoassay (EIA) with Reflex to Western Blot Confirmation
Tests: HIV-1 Ab
In Range: non-reactive
Results: NEGATIVE

Can anyone please suggest, after howmany days I have to attend what kind of tests and/or the same test to confirm my results?

Congratulations!

Quite honestly, since the risk wasn't there in the first place, no further testing is needed. However, if you remain concerned that this testing was done too early, wait at least 90 days after the last event to get the final testing.

Gail

George with my anxiety, I ordered full STD panel test at 45th day of the last exposure.
#1. Herpes Simplex 1
Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) Types I and II Specific Antibodies, IgG.
Test Type:HSV-1 aB IgG
Result: POSITIVE (Out of range >5.00 H)

#2. Herpes Simplex 2 - NEGATIVE
In Range:<0.90

#3.Test Method: HIV early detection by Qualitative DNA PCR
Tests: HIV DNA by PCR - Results Pending

#4. Chlamydia,Gonorrhea,Syphilis,Hepatitis B,Hepatitis C came as (In-Range:Non-Reactive and Results NEGATIVE)

#5. Test Method: HIV-1 and 2 Antibody by Enzyme immunoassay (EIA) with Reflex to Western Blot Confirmation
Tests: HIV-1 Ab
In Range: non-reactive
Results: NEGATIVE

Could you please explain the HSV1 and HSV2. For HSV1, it is positive. HSV2 it shown negative but found in-range <0.90. It means at this early stage it found and it may increase after I cross 3 months or so?
I started getting cold sore in my mouth but did not see anything below my waist. Is HSV1 and HSV2 danger to life?

You have Herpes Simplex 1 (HSV1), the type of virus that most adults carry in their oral cavity, having picked this up in childhood. This has nothing to do with the event with the oral sex business. HSV1 outbreaks involve cold sores around the mouth which you indicate you have.

You are not infected with the HSV2 virus. The <0.90 does NOT mean it is in the early stage. The 0.90 is the cutoff range for testing; anything below this means the person is not infected with this particular strain of the virus. Your results were less ("<") that 0.90 which means you do not have this strain of virus in your body.

Neither HSV 1 nor 2 are dangerous to life. They are more annoying than anything else.

Gail

samg14828 replied to georgiagail's response:
Before I was absolutely aware of herpes, At 4th week of my exposure, I been on vacation and I had protected sex for about a week with my wife staying in a different place.I was having cold sore inside my mouth. Thought it came because of my long journey. No oral sex from genitals from both sides.
But I used my mouth and sucked(sorry for my words) her breast and nipples for about 10mins most of the times in that week. She was having some heat pimple(it was not cut or no puss etc) on her breast.
Now I started getting more stress whether I might have transmitted herpes to my innocent wife. I did brush with toothpaste always before I start the sex. Are there any chances of transmitting virus to her? What percentage of chances that she could get the virus?

samg14828 replied to samg14828's response:
And I forgotten to mention my DNA PCR test results at 45th day. It was negative.

georgiagail replied to samg14828's response:
"But I used my mouth and sucked(sorry for my words) her breast and nipples for about 10mins most of the times in that week. What percentage of chances that she could get the virus?"

On her breasts? Not very great. From kissing her, yes. However, remember that since most adults carry HSV1, your wife may already be carrying this virus herself, having picked this up in childhood.

Gail

samg14828 replied to georgiagail's response:
Gail, Do I need to perform any STD tests for the confirmation?
I completed 8 weeks from the last exposure. I heard herpes tests needs some time for accurate results. Thanks in advance

georgiagail replied to samg14828's response:
You can if you wish (at 3 months) but it is unlikely the results will be any different.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 36 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.