Skip to content
Concern at 1 month
hope222 posted:
Gay male, had sex with another male unprotected for about 45 sec, told him no once i realized he had no condom on. we just jerked off after that. That was a month ago. He works in the arm forces and wears to me I have nothing to worry about.

I have been hanging out with a new guy who we have only done oral and I have swallowed his cum a few times. He is very reliable and I have known him for a while.

At one month from the first situation I have a horrible nausea feeling in m,y stomach for two days and now have the runs very bad as well. Is this just the flu? should I go get checked out cause I saw in your post the 95% would show up at 30 days wich just passed.

Thoughts? suggestions? Do you think I am over reacting?

Thank you for your time

georgiagail responded:
"Thoughts? suggestions? Do you think I am over reacting?"

Possibly, mainly because the unprotected anal contact was so short. However, since there was unprotected sexual contact and you cannot confirm your first partners status, you might want to consider testing simply for peace of mind.

Gail

hope222 replied to georgiagail's response:
Took a rapid test today a walk in clinic and was negative at 31 days.

Swallowing during oral percent of aids chance?

georgiagail replied to hope222's response:
EXTREMELY low. Think along the lines of .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus.

Your risk would be less since you do not know your partners status.

Gail

So I had an emergency appendectomy Monday which was 55 days from when I had the brief unprotetced sex. Could this have been from me being infected and my immune system was down? How accurate is my 31 day test do you feel I need another test.

I went back to work today cause the recovery seemed great but now I feel like I have the flu again. Is this the 4-6 week flu like systems?

Please help I thought the 31 days was very accurate but now with these constant immune defiencies I feel like I could have caught it from the brief exposure.

Sorry I keep stressing and need a sound minds advice.

No, your emergency appendectomy had absolutely nothing to do with your immune system being down. Emergency appendectomies occur when the appendix becomes inflamed and there is a risk of perforation where the contents can leak and spread into the abdomen, causing further infection. The goal is to remove the appendix quickly before it perforates and leaks these contents into the body (thus the "emergency" surgery).

You feel like you're having the flu because, heavens, you just underwent surgery earlier this week and you're still recovering from this. It would be perfectly normal for you to feel like you've been hit by train afterwards.

Again, remember that your appendicitis has NOTHING to do with an "immune deficiency".

Gail

Test at 31 days negative.... how accurate and why am I scared I still have been infected when only risk I have done in 2.5 months is covered anal sex and oral with no swallowing with one guy and then swallowed with guy I am dating now who is a FBI agent and had a physical this week which was negative (done every 3 months)?

31 day test was negative..... please help calm my mind

A test done at 31 days is considered to be at least 95 percent accurate.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.