Alot of stress/anxiety HIV
Carnell46 posted:
I am a 25 year old healthy straight male I had unprotected sex on oct 31 2011 and nov 30 2011 I also had protected sex mid dec 2011... All partners were of unknown status ... I went for std testing beginning of jan 2012 and HIV came back negative my anxiety kicked in and started worrying so I got a rapid HIV test done at the end of march 2012 but I was on antibiotics and it was negative again.... Is this enough time? Could the antibiotics effect the test results? Should I be ok?

Thank you for any help its good to get it out

georgiagail responded:
A screening test done at least 3 months post a possible exposure is considered to be both definitive and conclusive in the results.

In other words, your test done in March was at least 3 months post the last possible exposure and since it came back HIV negative, you are not infected at that time (you haven't indicated if you have engaged in unprotected intercourse since this testing).

The antibiotics you were on at the time would have no effect on the accuracy of these screening tests.

Gail

Carnell46 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you for the response Gail and no I have not had intercourse since last December so in your opinion I'm ok no need for any follow up tests?

Thank you for your help

georgiagail replied to Carnell46's response:
Yes; that is correct. No further testing is required regarding these events.

Gail

Carnell46 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you Gail I really appreciate your help