Skip to content
Comfort needed
MC1978zz posted:
Had a low risk encounter with a man, I did not see any physical proof, but he says he is clean. Condoms were used for insertion, I inserted and did not recieve, no contact with blood or semen, but deep kissing was invloved, along with unprotected oral-sex. Overall, I think this is a low risk encounter. In any case I became very concerned. I had an Aptima RNA test done at 10 days, which came back "not detected". I had an ClearView HIV 1/2 Stat Pak at 28 days which came back negative. Urine test for STDs at 7 days were negative. I have no considereable symptoms other than weight loss of 10 to 15 lbs (roughly 7 to 9 percent), but I think (or would like tot think) that is from not eating for a week and a half, and general anxiety and stress.

I know I need to wait 3 months, but after all that I have wrote, it has been 29 days since the encounter. Waiting another two months will eat at me daily. Does anyone have any opinions? Something relatable to my testing outcomes within the window period?

georgiagail responded:
Insertive intercourse with accurate condom use...zero risk. This virus cannot cross an intact latex barrier (assuming your partner was positive).

Deep kissing.....zero risk.

Unprotected oral...estimated risk of .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus. Your risk would be less than this since you cannot confirm your partners status.

Do you have anything to worry about? No.

Gail

MC1978zz replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you Gail. What is your interpretation of the test results? thank you.

georgiagail replied to MC1978zz's response:
"Not detected" indicates negative status.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.