Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

symptoms/deep kissing with open cut in mouth
    An_249321 posted:
    in september i had met a previous iv drug user and we kissed heavily alot, the last time i met him i had a cut inside my mouth on my cheek where i had bitten it, about a week later i hadba fever andba cold sore , then recently i have eye floaters got an eye exam everything seems normal. i had a antibody test at threee weeks it was negative, he had a oral test done over three months since last possible exsposure and it was negative, concern is my daughter used my toothbrush a day after this exspeience and now over nine weeks later she has a high temp , dry cough and sore throat . what are the chances she got something from me hours after i used the toothbrush and what are the chances his test was wrong due to not having antibodies, i also had a elsa test done at 37 days and was negative do i need to worry?

amandanelson740 responded:
    answrs anyone? really scared.

georgiagail replied to amandanelson740's response:
    Your partner has tested negative for HIV. He does not have the virus to pass on to you in any shape or form.

The fact that your daughter used your toothbrush a day after you kissed the guy plays no role in why she developed a fever, cough and sore throat nine weeks later.

Gail

amandanelson740 replied to georgiagail's response:
    37so how sensitive or accurate is a elsa test at37 days?

amandanelson740 replied to georgiagail's response:
    thanks for the reply so soon i know it probly sounds ridiculous but am jus concerned so an elsa test at37 days would be pretty acurate?

georgiagail replied to amandanelson740's response:
    In this case, yes, extremely accurate.

Gail

Helpful Tips

heres my point
    stay away from needles unless your health depends on it...and for christs sake dont share them. too late for me to heed that advice. dying ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.