Skip to content
Discussion Title
smarty44 posted:
hi there,, i want to ask about the hiv disease,,,, i had safe sex 2 years before, with prostitute,, till today i am physically fit n fine except there is pain in my lower leg, means from the downside of knees to upper part of ankles, sometimes it gets worst when i walk a bit more in a day or when i drink also,,, i m also in confusion what to do,, is it the effect of that intercourse.. now i m in doubt as whether i m safe or not,,, i have gone through medical examination too,, but i dont know why i m not trusting that too???? so please help me to take me out of this confusion.... hope will get a better response
georgiagail responded:
If your sexual encounter two years ago was truly safe...i.e., a condom was used accurately and did not break or tear...then whatever is causing these symptoms is not connected to HIV.

Even assuming the prostitute was HIV positive (a fact you cannot assume simply because of her profession) the virus cannot cross an intact latex condom.

HIV, while frightening to many, is actually a pretty difficult disease to "catch" in that it has a very narrow number of ways it can be passed from one individual to another.

smarty44 replied to georgiagail's response:
thanks gail,, iit was safe sex,, but i m worried because same day i got ulcers in mouth which was only for 4-5 days but pain in my legs which is till today,,,, thats why i m scared of this deadly disease... otherwise i never ever ggot fever or flu in these two years without any reasonable cause.
can u pls. make it clear to me ,,,,
georgiagail replied to smarty44's response:
The answer remains the sex is, indeed safe from HIV transmission if the condom was used accurately and did not break or tear during the event, no matter what symptoms may pop up later.


Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.