Skip to content
hiv or std exposure?
An_249531 posted:
bout 1 am this past Sat morning I met someone and picked her up and we went back to my place and she performed oral sex with a condom. She had rubbed the penis for about 5 or 6 seconds before that w/out a condom.. Other than both of us giving each other back massages nothing else happend. I dont think she washed her hands after she used the bathroom, she used hand sanitizer. Not sure if she got much because it was almost out. I did notice after all was doneI had an open sore (I have psoriasis kind of bad and from time t time I get these cut/sores at the base of the penis-not an std.) I am not sure if she touched it. I have been having symptoms since Sunday afternoon (the next day), started with a runny nose and Monday it seemed like I was on fire. sniffles, warm forehead, cough, (i have had one for a while though) my inner thighs -both sides were sore when I would walk, shortness of breath at times, not much though, chills, EXTREME dryness, I mean I keep drinking water and it does not really help, my mouth has a slight burn around it, some diareah, becoming itchy all over (although I can get that way sometimes) my nose is extremely dry, slight burn to eyes, Ok that is what I am dealing with..It has been 5 days since the exposure. I went to my doctor monday and he said what I did was extremely low risk regardless. And, it is way too soon for symptoms to develop. What I was going through Monday could not have been from the contact on Sat Morning. Just impossible because it takes some time for it to get into you..at least a few weeks . I felt better when I left, but really anxious. Oh I am tired too. Since then, I have had symptoms still
I have white tongue and white around mylips now, and a hot face and ears. Saliva over producing sometimes, itchy sometimes. Is this hiv?

briand101 responded:
I am also showing slightly swollen glands in the neck too

An_249531 responded:
I am also showing slightly swollen glands in the neck too

georgiagail replied to An_249531's response:
No, this is not HIV. Nothing you describe in terms of what happened place you at risk of HIV transmission (assuming your partner was even HIV positive).

Sounds like you've been reading about symptoms of HIV on the internet (i.e., the white tongue). Stop it. This event did not leave you infected with HIV because, quite frankly, nothing you did could have left you exposed to this virus even IF this partner was HIV positive.

Gail

An_249531 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks for the info

briand101 replied to georgiagail's response:
Does this sound like it could another STD? I picked her up off the street, bad move yes but because of that I dont know what else it could be? This all started a day to a day and a half later.

georgiagail replied to briand101's response:
It sounds like, at best, you may have picked up a cold from this person although the incubation period (the next day) is quite short. These are not symptoms connected with any STD.

Gail

thanks..i was thinking it also may be caused by Flonase!!!! I may be having some reactions to it

Thanks for your comments

I think I was having a reaction to Flonase. (nasal sPray) When the symptoms started I was still taking it, and I may have missed a day but I remember taking it and then the symptoms got much worse. What I was experiencing was unlike anything that I can remember. I still have the white blotches on my tongue. I dont know what else it is because I am still not feeling right but I will see what the doc says. Have you heard of this kind of thing happening?

Hi, I had gone to my doctor nd he said this was the flu.(I hope he is right) He also did not think it was fungus. But, he said the same thing you did and others I have asked about this. I am still having symptoms, and it is 3 weeks later. I ma still paranoid about std's, & my tongue is a little better, it is white(doc thought it was dehydration) can the flu make u dehydrated and last this long? The symptoms keep changing.I took an atibiodic for a week and I felt a little better,&when I get a lot of rest I do feel better. I remember she had a tongue that was white, I guess I am just paranoid b/c of when all this started.

Actuallly, the white is blotchy and it almost looks like I am foaming at the mouth bit, the sides of the tongue from the back towrd the middle of it have it . Doc said when I called him he did not think my tongue was white..but it is!

Helpful Tips

Rashes from below
My biggest concern ever while having a girl in bed is hoping my rash doesn't show. At one point my own penis is cock blocking me by having ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.