Skip to content
HIV/AIDS RISK
An_249558 posted:
Dear Dr. Gail,

I would like to ask you again and please understand me because i am really worried.

4 days ago i was with some girl and we did not had sex. We were kissing, she was trying to make me hard and she grab my penis and rub on her vagina, but that was less than a minute and then i think she was sitting on my penis for some time. After that i gave her oral sex which was maybe 3-5 min maximum. Now i have some white dots on my tonsils and im really worried, i was feeling sick like 1-2 weeks ago but this drive me crazy, is there any chance of getting HIV/AIDS?

I am really really worried.

Thank you so much!

georgiagail responded:
What you seem to be asking is what is the risk of what took place between you and your partner.

I'm going to assume that your partner is HIV positive. If she is not there is, of course, no risk she could pass this virus onto to you through any of this.

The rubbing of your penis on her vagina is known as "frottage". It is not a risk for HIV transmission.

Oral sex (both giving and receiving) carries an extremely low risk of HIV transmission. Think along the lines of .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus. Your risk would be less since you cannot confirm her status.

The symptoms would NOT be white dots on your tonsils. Those would point more to a bacterial infection; HIV is a viral infection.

If your throat is sore along with these white dots you could get this looked at; if you did it is likely a physician would prescribe an antibiotic which is used to treat BACTERIAL infections (NOT viral infections); if the medication cleared this up then you would know whatever you had was bacterial in nature which had nothing to do with HIV.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.