Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Risk? Test. Symptoms.
wingsofeagle posted:
Hello. I'm a bisexual male in mid 30s. I recently had oral sex about 6 weeks ago. I both performed and gave it as we'll as had oral on my anus (eaten out). I'm sorry to be blunt. Within 6 weeks I had unexplainable ich in my ass, followed by a burning sensation that has lasted about a week. It has itched like crazy in back and front of my genitals. It doesn't scab over but just itches. About the same time I got itchy, my lymph nodes in my underarms began to swell and hurt, my right on became noticeable, and they have ached for a week, i alsoI came down with flu like symptoms minus a fever and vomiting. I had stomach cramps and mild diarrhea, sore throat and sinus trouble. I tested positive for the flu 3 weeks earlier, but I generally felt tired, like I had mono again. Heres the question: What is the odds I could have caught HIV from unprotected oral to the anus? (Receiving) If not HIV, what else could cause serious itching/burning/ in genitals with same symptoms? (Flu like, itching burning rash, diarrheal, flu symptoms) If HIV, does the rash itch/burn? I'm getting a 6 week test done this week. Thanks!

georgiagail responded:
Unprotected oral to the anus would likely carry the same statistical risk as that connected with other sexual organs; .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus.

Let us know your test results.

Gail

wingsofeagle replied to georgiagail's response:
Gail, thanks! I just found out the guy had adnoid surgery 2 days before encounter. We kissed, he performed oral (penile and anal). He also was with someone who lied to him and was HIV positive last feb. He said he was tested 3 x since then and is negative. I just don't trust him. Two questions: 1. Was there greater risk because of the surgery? 2. If I know I was negative through abstinence/being tested at 3 months prior to this guy, and if he did know he had it, is there anything I can do to prevent him from lying to others about it? (Criminal/civil?)

I'll be tested tomorrow and let you know. Thanks again!

georgiagail replied to wingsofeagle's response:
1. Depends if he is positive AND actively bleeding at the time of the encounter. Even if positive, saliva alone would not transmit the virus.

2. Some states have statutes against "knowingly" increasing the risk of infecting someone with HIV through behaviors such as unprotected sexual contact.

Gail

Helpful Tips

A few words of advice that you can choose to take to heart
Just get tested every six months if you plan on, or a regular practitioner of unsafe sex. Since Six months is the final window period after ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.