Skip to content
Girl with dental braces bit my lip and made a cut. HIV?
An_249895 posted:
Hello,

On the 2013 new years eve at a club, a girl with dental braces on bit my lip twice while kissing and made a cut on my inner lip. Later I stopped dancing with her and saw her with 5 more guys that night! Its been 14 days since I got bit. I am really worried that I may have got HIV because I am kinda feeling sick. Please let me know the possibilities.

georgiagail responded:
Kissing is not considered risky behavior for HIV transmission.

In order for transmission to be an issue your partner would need to be HIV positive (of course!) and SHE would also need to be actively bleeding from her mouth at the time of the lip locking....as well as cutting your inner lip so hard you bled.

In other words, even if she were HIV positive saliva alone does not contain the virus. In order for transmission to take place, the bodily fluids of the infected individual (i.e., blood, sexual fluids) must be able to, somehow, actually ENTER the body of the uninfected person.

People tend to kiss lots of folks on New Years eve; it's a custom to do so. We don't see an increase in the number of HIV cases after this.

I hope this makes sense.

Gail

Manny_needs_help replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you, Georgiagail !

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.