Skip to content
is oral test conclusive at 115 days?
An_249928 posted:
Hello,
I am a woman who had unprotected intercourse with a man who has had both male and female partners. I had an oral rapid test at 115 days past last possible exposure and it was negative.
Though I have been told this test is conclusive, I am still experiencing some anxiety due to mixed information about window periods/varying degrees of accuracy.
How accurate was this test? Do I need to be worried? Should I get tested again? Is a blood test better than saliva?
Thanks

georgiagail responded:
Testing done at least 90 days after a potential exposure is considered to be both accurate and conclusive in terms of ones status regarding HIV.

Many health departments/clinics use the oral rapid test which is considered to provide as accurate a result as would be found using a sample of blood. No further testing is required unless by doing so you could finally put your worries about HIV behind you.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.