HIV and oral sex
Anon_127968 posted:
I had been doing bare blow jobs for the last 10 years For some 200+ casual sex workers , all females and all with capped vaginal...and someone told me that MANY people are getting HIV thru oral sex....

I know it's extremely low risk... And haven't seen anyone in the web that contracted it thru oral sex...

Should I refrain in doing this? What's the most update study on this?

Thanks

elle0317 responded:
Your post is a bit confusing. Are you receiving the blow jobs or giving them? And what is a capped vaginal?

Kantotsupa replied to elle0317's response:
I am the one receiving the blow job... I'm a male... And all my partners are female.... Capped means with condom..

Thanks

elle0317 replied to Kantotsupa's response:
There is no risk in receiving a BJ, it's the person giving the BJ who has a very small risk of HIV, if the person they are servicing has HIV.

georgiagail replied to elle0317's response:
MANY people are not getting HIV through oral sex...which appears to be quite a popular exercise and if true, a whole heck of a lot more folks would be HIV positive then actually are.

We still stick with our statistical risk that unprotected oral sex provides an estimated risk of .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus.

Gail

Kantotsupa replied to georgiagail's response:
hi Gail/Elle,

Thanks for the reply... I actually believe u ..

But do you have encounter a person actually got HIV with just oral sex?

Or it is just a theorical risk....

Is there any cream or anti HIv thing I can put on my penis to totally elimated the risk?

georgiagail replied to Kantotsupa's response:

"Is there any cream or anti HIv thing I can put on my penis to totally elimated the risk?"

A condom (which your initial posting indicates you are already using). The virus cannot cross an intact latex condom.

Gail