Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pronoid over HIV infection over Oral sex
rahul_patil posted:
I had been involved in Oral sex with Girl in Pattya. Ihad dove oral sex on her.its week 2. (on 27 Jan 13)
I have been going through sleep less nights
I feel like i have pain in Lymph glands
May be psychology pressure.
Is viral LOad test definite after three weeks.
Also what are symptoms for infections
FirstPrevious12NextLast

georgiagail responded:
We do not diagnose HIV by symptoms. We only look at risk.

Oral sex (both giving and receiving) carries an EXTREMELY low risk of HIV transmission.

The stats we use for unprotected oral sex is .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus. Your risk would be less since it appears you cannot confirm her status.

Viral load tests after three weeks are an incredible waste of money for something as minor as oral sex.

Sleep better and if you remain concerned get a screening test at 3 months. It will undoubtedly be negative from this event.

Gail

rahul_patil replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks Gail....
That sounds relif to me.
Surly will take pressure out of me as expert like you had said.

As said would go screen test post 12 weeks

Thanks for your quick reply.

rahul_patil replied to rahul_patil's response:
Hello Gail,

Again sorry to bother you.
But Man Performing Oral on Women has higher risk.
I Did not hav flu or fever till date( 2.5 Week).
But i am feeling very slight pain behind ears.And slight at Right Leg Lymps
Still feeling lot of stress.

P24 ELISA after three weeks should be conclusive

Please guide
Thanks

georgiagail replied to rahul_patil's response:
Why do you believe a man performing oral on a woman has a higher risk than a woman performing oral on a man?

Since the virus would be found in sexual fluids...and a male would produce more sexual fluids at orgasm than a female, the exact opposite would be true. The risk would be higher for someone performing oral on a male than for someone performing oral on a female.

Still, the statistical risk I posted (.5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus) remains the same.

And, as has been previously mentioned many times, we do not diagnose HIV by symptoms, only by risk and test results.

Testing after 3 weeks would not be considered conclusive.

It is up to you to decide whether you need to spend very large amounts of money for P24, DNA/RNA, Viral load testing for what is essentially, a non-risk event.

Gail

I do get your point but I am not able to focus any where.
If i get slight sneez also i am worried hell.
Observing evry inch of body for symptoms.
Till date did not have fever(18 day after exposure). But feeling slight dry throat and bit cough.
Also I am married guy, I am worried I may not infect my wife i AM INFECTED.
Do you have any body on this or for that anubody who git HIV through oral.
Is Viral load coclusive after 22 day. Also some says it may also give false results.
Very stressed , Iknow you may get annoied.

You guys are doing great thing by on this forum

Stop observing every inch of your body for symptoms and focus what I have written several times over in regards to the risk from unprotected oral sex.

It is so slight (READ AGAIN..... .5 TO 1 PER 10,000 EXPOSURES WITH A SOURCE KNOWN TO CARRY THE VIRUS) that there is no reason to obsess over this.

You are a married man who has stepped out of his marriage. What you are feeling is guilt over this and this guilt is making you believe you "deserve" to become infected after this encounter.

The disease does not work this way. The risk of transmission remains the same from oral sex whether one is married or single.

Gail

Hello Gail,

I understand what are you telling. But still can not able to leave the IDEA that i am HIV Negative.

I had minor sore throat. And shown to Doctor.

I am going for Viral Load on Sunday

Is Viral Loat defenitive after 22 Days

elle0317 replied to rahul_patil's response:
This is cold and flu season, having a sore throat is not out of the ordinary. I agree with Gail, sounds like your quilty conscience is getting the better of you.

rahul_patil replied to elle0317's response:
Yes Elle,
Thank you very much for your time.
Basically I am from India and right now in ST. Petersburg Russia.

Its 18 day after exposure(oral sex on women).I did not have fever and flu yet.

Going nuts....

Thanks againplanning P24 Elisa on 28DAY Fingers crossed

rahul_patil replied to rahul_patil's response:
Hello Gail,

Sorry to disturb you again.

I am 21 Days post my Oral Sex Exposure.
Planning to go for P24 Elisa & Viral oad on 25 day.

Would this two tests conclusive.

Since day 17 I am having fatigue feeling and loose motion.Also lost around 1.5 to 2 Kg weight. Going Crazy.
I have almost considered myself HIV Positive.
What is this all causing.....Anxeity
I know you do not diagnose on any symptoms.

Waiting for your reply

Testing for this non-risk event? Yes, it would be conclusive as to your negative status.

Attached is a good article that discusses the various HIV testing methods:

http://www.webmd.com/hiv-aids/hiv-aids-screening

While we do not believe testing is not needed in this case, it is likely you will not let this concern rest and will not stop focusing on "symptoms" until you throw tons of money at health professionals to get totally unneeded testing that clearly shows this event did not leave you infected. However, you would not be the first person to require this testing to be able to put this fear behind you.

Good luck...

Gail

Hello Gail,
Just got my result for HIV 1&2 on 25th day after oral sex exposure
It said Enhanced Chemiluminacense
I think Antibody test. NOt Sure....
Non Reactive.

How much I am relieved through this test

I hope these test results will help you in terms of bringing closure regarding this event.

Gail

Hello Gail What is the test and how realistic is this at 25 day Usually what time antibody starts in body after infection Should I still worry or leave this behind completely

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.