Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Chance of HIV Infection
moggy1982 posted:
Hello,

Two days ago, I was at a male strip club. I had chapped lips. My lips did not have any wide open cuts, but because they were chapped, there were a couple small openings with my blood being exposed to the environment.

A dancer put his hands on my face to caress it. His hands also touched my lips and might have come into contact with the openings in my chapped lip. His hands were moist with what might have been sweat. But I keep thinking the moisture could have been from something else, like semen. This particular dancer did not seem very careful. He could have put his hands on his privates and got semen on them that way (although I did not see hime do this). What sort of exposure have I had to the HIV virus? I know my chances of getting it are greater with unprotected sex or needle sharing. But what I went through still seems like a risk. What can you tell me?

Thank You

elle0317 responded:
Hi, there is no risk here. HIV is a fairly delicate virus and is harder to catch than one might think it is. If this were a method of transmission, there would be a lot more people infected with HIV.

georgiagail replied to elle0317's response:
" What sort of exposure have I had to the HIV virus?"

Absolutely zero (even assuming this dancer IS HIV positive AND had semen on his hands...unlikely as this may be).

Gail

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.