Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Oraquick accuracy
Granzon posted:
About 8 years ago, i had an unprotected sex with one female sex worker. At that time i did not notice any symptoms of seroconversion. So after that sex with SW, I remained abstine ever then.

So about a couple weeks ago, my paranoia came back. So I did the oraquick test, and tested negative. I followed the direction carefully, but the one line that came out on the stick is faint compared to the example in the direction in he booklet since it was portrayed as thick, bolded line. Could I have messed up the test somehow? Or was my test kit defective from the factory? I kept thinking to my self the "what if" scenario, and its driving me crazy.

Will I produce hiv antibody after 8 years?

Please let me know your opinion.

Thanks.

georgiagail responded:
One of the nice things about these type of tests is that they have been designed to be quite easy to use and "fool proof" so very hard to "mess up". Unles the test was expired it is also doubtful it was defective.

And yes, you would still be producing antibodies after 8 years. The only reason one might not be is if they had moved into AIDS and their immune system had been very damaged by the disease. However, at that point there would be VERY significant health symptoms (i.e., severe weight loss, diarrhea, extreme fatigue, constant infections, specific types of pneumonia) that would be impossible to miss.

Gail

Granzon replied to georgiagail's response:
Recently I got a Ct scan on my abdomen, and they saw a bruising on my colon. Is that a sign of hiv/aids? They think its a bacteria infection.

Overall i feel physically normal.

georgiagail replied to Granzon's response:
No, this is not a sign of HIV/AIDS.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.