Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
i am really affraid.... please help me
An_250786 posted:
have gone to dentistry and i saw that the assistant sprayed the alcohol on the standing table (where the turbines were hanged) and cleaned there (it was a little bloody) and that person cleared the equipments (the turbines used for endo) with the same cloth.the assistant paid his attention to clear the turbines already. the drills were disinfected.now, about two weeks is passed and i have sore throat and (i have taken anti biotics for 2 weeks until yesterday and used mouthwash.) [br>am i at risk?

georgiagail responded:
No. Even assuming any of this blood came from someone who was HIV positive, it is important (and should be very comforting) to understand the this virus is an extremely delicate critter outside the body and dies very quickly outside the confines of the body.

The fact you were placed on antibiotics for two weeks would imply that your sore throat was due to a bacterial, not viral infection (HIV is a virus).

Gail

Helpful Tips

A few words of advice that you can choose to take to heart
Just get tested every six months if you plan on, or a regular practitioner of unsafe sex. Since Six months is the final window period after ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.