Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need assurance!!!
An_250844 posted:
I'm going to sound like a hypochondriac I know!!! The only unprotected sex I've ever had was twice with men I was with for over a year. In addition I have done unprotected oral sex but it was always with people I knew.... I really have no idea why I'm so freaked out though!!! I did TWO oraquick tests and they BOTH CAME OUT NEGATIVE. I'm still waiting on my blood results (yes essentially I took 3 tests) and I'm freaked out that the oraquick saliva tests were flukes and the blood test will come out positive. The only symptom I can really say I have is random sharp pains in my neck.. But not often at all so that could be from anything. Can someone just tell me I'm crazy and need to calm down? I think I'm bugging out bc I'm 23 and its the first time I've ever done a full STD/HIV blood test...

georgiagail responded:
OK....you're crazy and you need to calm down.

We always say testing beats out symptom checking EVERY time. Neck pains are not a symptom of HIV anyway. Oral tests are quite accurate. You're HIV negative and, of course, the blood test will certainly confirm what the other two tests have already shown.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.