Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Receive Blowjob hiv anxity.
Tawhidhelp posted:
Dear experts
about 1 month ago i received blowjob form CSW without protection only.
No other incedent occure. No cut or visible blood found. now i am nervious. Some forum saying no risk (medhelp) some are saying some risk. i m puzzeled. Got tested after 2 weeks it negative. now i am in seriously worry. please help.. which i believe?

georgiagail responded:
The estimated per act risk of unprotected oral sex (both giving and receiving) is .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus.

Your risk would be less since you cannot confirm your partners status.

If you believe this incredibly small risk is a concern for you, the recommended time period for testing is 12 weeks after the event.

Gail

P.S. Most folks wouldn't consider testing for such a small statistical risk unless they can't get this worry out of their minds.

yadd13 responded:
That is true pal, getting hiv from a BJ is really low as hiv virus cant really survive n saliva due to high acid enzyme concentrate n it. Its actually more risky for the girl who gave u the BJ to gt an infection frm u ie: if u have Any so relax

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.