Skip to content
Anxiety
Love821 posted:
If you had a possible exposer around dec 15th 2012, but you got tested Jan 25th through blood work and again on like the 7th of March 2013 and they came back negative. Should I still be worried? Maybe I'm just having anxiety but its like every little symptom I have like i may be getting sick scares me. Like now my throat feels funny. Could it be that it's all in my mind...are do I need to test again in another month or so?

georgiagail responded:
No. Your last test has clearly indicated you are HIV negative.

Keep in mind that in early onset HIV a person will go through a short term (i.e, two week) bout of flu like symptoms two to six weeks after the initial transmission. After that...NO symptoms for many years.

It is not until the virus has severely damaged ones immune system that significant symptoms begin to develop. In an untreated individual this takes (roughly) about a decade.

Thus, your throat feeling funny has nothing to do with HIV.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.