Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hiv?
An_250937 posted:
Hello,

I took an std test about 6 months ago and came back positive for hsv 1 and 2...about a week ago I almost had unprotected sex with someone but stopped him since I'm mortified of getting another std or transmitting the one I already have.
My question is, if this person touched himself and then touched my private parts...Is there any chance he could transmit hiv? is there any chance of getting hiv via skin to skin contact??...I can't concentrate or do anything!!!...I'm really scared to even take a test. Please help!

georgiagail responded:
No. Unlike some STD's which require only contact with skin, HIV transmission is actually quite difficult. The virus must, somehow, be able to actually enter the body for transmission to occur.

This is why activities such as sharing IV drug needles with HIV positive individuals is considered a risky business, although even doing that is not a 100 percent guarantee that transmission will occur.

So...you can stop worrying about getting HIV from simple skin to skin contact. If that were the case there would be a heck of a lot more HIV positive folks walking around.

Gail

josmith1989 replied to georgiagail's response:
thank you for replying so fast.! so, even if he entered my body with his fingers,,,after touching himself, there's no chance of me contracting hiv? I'm overly worried about that. especially because a few days after that my ear started to hurt.

yadd13 responded:
Skin to skin contact. Which part did come in contact.? But anyway as far as hiv is concerned , it will transmit only through membranous surface where body fluids are excreted , like the inner walls of the genitals . Other than tat there is no possibility fr it to gt in u

georgiagail replied to josmith1989's response:
Your ear hurting a few days after this event is not a symptom of early onset HIV.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.