Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Testing
Anon_149937 posted:
Hello,

I am back again . Gail, you told me my risk was non existent from my gums bleeding when I was kissing that was 62 days ago. I called my local health clinic and I was told that I dont need to come in and get tested but a test done at 8 weeks going on 9 weeks would be conclusive. My question is I was leaning towards taking the Oraquick test but when I read the label it said to take the test at 3 months. If I took the Oraquick test now would it be conclusive? I feel like you do, that the test isnt necessary but I keep thinking about it everyday. That was the first time it had ever happend to me so Im definitely nervous.

What made it worse was I got a cold 2 weeks later, several headaches since the event , nights sweats 2 times. Then 2 weeks after that I was so ill I had chills along with my groin and legs hurting badly. I had a slight fever but not high. I had a horrible cough with green and yellow mucus. My throat was sore and I couldn't speak for 2 days. That lasted about a week and a half and I've felt fatigued often.

I want to get passed this but getting sick twice makes me scared to test.

georgiagail responded:
Please stop focusing on symptoms. You have had a cold. This has nothing to do with HIV.

Yes, three months is the recommended time period for testing. However, since your risk was non-existent to begin with, it really doesn't matter when you test. The results will be the same; negative for HIV.

Gail

Helpful Tips

A few words of advice that you can choose to take to heart
Just get tested every six months if you plan on, or a regular practitioner of unsafe sex. Since Six months is the final window period after ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.