Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Want to clear my anxiety for probable infection
sunny610 posted:
Hi all, [br>Please help as I am in extreme tension for my life. On 24th February, 2013 i had intercourse with a prostitute with two condoms-on. Post the sexual activity I checked the condoms thoroughly and they didn't broke or leaked at all. Though my worry does not concerns the intercourse rather its regarding the fingering act that i did with her before our intercourse. I am not sure about the time but small part of my side skin of the nail of thumb of right hand was teared sometime nearby that night and but as far as i remember i only inserted my fingers in her vagina (may be thumb but only in outer part of vagina). Now 13 days later i have begun to feel aches in my back, sweating more that others (not specifically night sweats), sudden pains in armpits, in nerves of hand and legs, once in anus area also, elbows n other ankle area. [br>During second week my fever was between 98.4 to 99.15 constantly every day n night (might be due excessive stress and anxiety) and i was also sweating at night more than a normal person would. At times (at present also) my body starts heating-up (burning from inside) though not feverish on measuring temperature. Is this a sign of spreading of HIV infection in the body? I feel a lot of numbness also in my hands n legs many times a day. [br>Other information: I got the latest ELISA tests done as follows: [br>For me @ 2nd March, 2013 i.e. 6 days after possible exposure [br>For her @ 4th March, 2013 i.e. 8 days after possible exposure, and both tested negative. [br>When i ask her about her symptoms she tells me that she is perfectly fine and that she always uses a condom with every client she goes with. I am very scared for my life being under threat of this deadly infection. Please advice on my chances of being infected. Thanks!

Even if i inserted and rubbed that finger in her vagina which is having a teared side skin of nail and slightly bleeding also..then is it possible to get infected?

After 24 days:
Sir just wanted to ask you one thing...Now it over 23 days from that event, in a 2 to 3 days time i am going for a for P24 Antigen complete panel test. If that comes out to be negative, will that be conclusive enough that i did not contract HIV virus, or still i need to do subsequent tests to re-confirm it? [br>I would highly appreciate your help in this!

georgiagail responded:
Please stop worrying about this and don't spend all that money on an expensive P24 Antigen panel test.

A slight skin tear on your thumb is NOT an open portal into your body. Thus, even assuming your partner was HIV positive, the virus could not enter through this skin tear.

And stop focusing on symptoms. Testing trumps symptoms every time. If you remain concerned, get a far less expensive screening test at the 3 month mark but honestly, there is NO risk here.

Gail

sunny610 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you for the reply. Now I am at 78 days and got tested that as follows:

1) HIV Random test at a govt hospital at 16 days - Negative
2) VDRL test at 6th & 25th day - Non-reactive
3) P24 Antigen CMIA Combo test at 32 days - Non-Reactive(0.15)
4) HIV 1&2 TRIDOT and HCV test at 46 days - Negative
5) HIV Standard Diagnostic Bioline Immuno Chromatographic test at a govt hospital at 65 days - Non-Reactive

What's your opinion now? Another test at 3 months? Have heard that it might take upto 6 months for antibodies to develop but that is mostly in case of people with compromised immunity or auto-immune disorders but i am a healthy, flabby, tall and well-built guy with no such issues. Logically, healthy people should develop antibodies much faster than anybody else.

georgiagail replied to sunny610's response:
My opinion is that you are a perfectly healthy (although perhaps, from your description, a bit flabby) and totally STD free fellow who need not spend a penny more on any type of testing for any STD over this event.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.