Skip to content
oral sex and hiv?
celinexyz posted:
well heres my situation,4 months ago i had unprotected oral sex with an unknown hiv status guy,back then i had a small fresh(3 hours old) non bleeding cut on my genitals.the guy did actually touched my cut with his fingers and his tongue tho it was dark i couldnt see if there was blood on his fingers or even bleeding cuts.any way 6 weeks later i experienced flu like symptoms(swollen red tonsils,sore throat,mild fatigue,purple uvula) i never had fever or a significant rash tho. as searching though the net i found out that oral sex is not zero hiv risk so anxiety started to take place in my mind.my flu went away few days later but then i had white coating on my tongue and a dry throat,and a swollen part of my gum on the left side of my lower jaw which persists till these day but its painless,just a little bump on the gum under the tooth. few weeks later i developed a really bad cold sore on my upper lip that caused also a swollen lymph node beneath my jaw(disappeared in few days alone).
Now 4 months have had passed since the oral sex and i still have this swollen gum issue, do u think that all this including the swelling gum is hiv related? i never had an hiv test cz this was my first and last sexual activity and it lasts for about 10 minutes. any good advice will be strongly appreciated!

georgiagail responded:
Do I think this swollen gum issue is related to HIV?

No.

The estimated risk from unprotected oral sex (both giving and receiving) is .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus. Your risk would be less since you cannot confirm your partners status.

If you believe this extremely small risk warrants a test, then get screened for peace of mind more than anything else.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.