Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Oraquick
An_251233 posted:
Hi,
I'm a little concerned and need some advice,
About a year ago I had casual sex with a long time friend. We had maybe 3 unprotected encounters.He moved out of the country for business and the relationship stop this was back in July 2012, In september I had a very bad flu, took some Over the counter meds and went away. In december I develop some scalp problems and the doctor said it was Seborreic Dermathitis, whic I read it was one of the HIV symptoms. I been having sonme sore throat, I went and got the Oraquick test did as fdirected(8 months after the last encounter) it came out negative. I did another Oraquick test to confirm the results and it was negative again, my question is can I trust the results. right know im kind have some night sweats I dont know if it is do to the anxiety?

thank you in advance!

georgiagail responded:
Yes, you can trust these test results. Testing beats "symptoms" every time (and, by the way, Seborrheic Dermatitis is not a symptom of HIV).

A test that is done at least 3 months after a potential encounter is considered to be both definitive and conclusive in terms of ones status regarding HIV.

In other words, you are HIV negative. Testing has clearly shown this. You can stop worrying now. Once you do, the night sweats will likely stop.

Gail

cmalo249 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you for the quick response..

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.