Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How Soon can hiv symptoms show up
sidlang posted:
I had a unprotected sex with a prostitute. with in 5 mins i cleaned my organ with the urine. after one day when i got up it was fine but after some time i could feel that i had a head ache and later body ache started.
Its day 3 and i Still have that same symptoms will it go of its own.

To understand I surfed the internet it showed exactly the same symptoms fot HIV ... Can this happen that symptoms of HIV show up this fast or it is my mind.
If not what could be the reason for these symptoms.

Cant concentrate at all .. plz answer

georgiagail responded:
The first stage of HIV (called ARS for Acute Retroviral Syndrome) have symptoms that are described as "flu like" in nature. As a general rule these begin two to six weeks after transmission has taken place, not the day after unprotected intercourse.

Like the "regular" flu it takes the body a while to while to realize an infection has taken place. It would be very unusual that what you are feeling now is connected to the unprotected sex with the prostitute.

Gail

sidlang replied to georgiagail's response:
thanks gail.

Iam worried coz next day when i started my day I had a mid headache fever, later in the bodyache, its been 3 days now but have the same thing.

thats what is worrying me now???

when it advisable to go for a test ??

u doing a gr8 job ... thanks in advance.

georgiagail replied to sidlang's response:
The recommended time period for testing is 90 days after a potential exposure.

Gail

sidlang replied to georgiagail's response:
gail thanks for d info.
i am worried coz of the symptoms that r there with me just after a day or so of the unprotected sex with sex worker.
i consulted the doc for the bodyache and headache n taking normal medicine for it but its still there.

iam very much confused after reading all the info on the web and is scaring me also

plz advice

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.