Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Unprotected Oral Sex
vphuket posted:
Hi Gail,

How are you doing.

I had unprotected oral sex with a CSW wherein she gave me a BJ & I also sucked her nipples which was around 4 weeks back. Since last 4 days I am having Diarhoea (around 3-4 watery stools) & last night, I had slight fever accompanied by shivering for 2-3 minutes (I turned off the A/C & cuddled in a blanket & took a pill for my fever)

Today, the fever has gone but I have passed 2 watery stools since morning & my stomach is rumbling after having evening snacks.

Could this be a symptom of STD?

Also, pls. suggest the test that I should immediately take for this.

Regards

georgiagail responded:
This is not a symptom of any STD.

In terms of the risk of HIV, unprotected oral sex carries an estimated risk of .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source known to carry the virus. Your risk would be less since you cannot confirm your partners status.

Nipple sucking by an adult is not a risk for HIV transmission.

Gail

vphuket responded:
Hi Gail,
Thanks for the quick response (can I assume that I do not have HIV / (as well as STD...your confirmation on STD would be very much pertinent.

I traveled from Home to Office yesterday morning & by Mid Day I was completely exhausted in spite of no physical activity (I had read that the symptoms I am having since last 4 days as mentioned in this & my earlier communication could point out to STD infection)

Guess I am very much like the others in this forum who read about the symptoms on internet & conclude that they would also be suffering from STD on account of having similar symptoms.

Thanks to your feedback, much of apprehensions & anxieties are addressed early enough.

Also, if the CSW would be having ulcers/sores in her mouth, is there a probability of risk of STD infections (assuming she too is infected)

Your response is much appreciated.

Regards

georgiagail replied to vphuket's response:
The statistical risk from oral sex is extremely remote. If you remain concerned you can, of course, always consider a screening test at the 3 month mark.

We do not attempt to diagnose HIV (or any other STD for that matter) by symptoms; however, diarrhea is not a symptom of early onset HIV. And in the case of other far more common STDs such as Gonorrhea or Chlamydia the symptoms would tend to be a discharge and penile pain and/or burning instead of diarrhea.

Gail

vphuket replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks for your response Gail.

Regards

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 36 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.