Skip to content
Cunnilingus & HIV
rapchick07 posted:
Between 3rd March 2013 to 14th March 2013 I had protected vaginal sex 4 times with with a CSW. On 14th March I also performed unprotected cunnilingus on her with my tongue and inner part of lower lip. [br>[br>On 26th March 2013 I had 4th generation DUO test and a an HIV-1 RT-PCR qualitative test. Both came negative. [br>[br>The CSW I gave cunnilingus to was OK if chose not to use a condom. Also recently I got to know that she has been sick with bouts of flu. [br>[br>Assuming she is HIV positive, what are my chances of being HIV positive? Do i need additional testing?

georgiagail responded:
The protected vaginal sex did not place you are risk (assuming the latex condom was used accurately and did not break or tear). Even assuming your partner was positive, the virus cannot cross an intact latex barrier.

Oral sex (both giving and receiving) carries an EXTREMELY low risk of HIV transmission.

The statistics we use in terms of risk for unprotected oral sex are .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus. Your risk would be less since you cannot confirm your partners status (her bouts of flu are certainly no guarantee she is infected).

If you remain concerned over this extremely small risk, the recommended time for testing is 90 days after the sexual event.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.