Skip to content
Am I infected, plz help
An_252010 posted:
I had sex with a prostitute 3 months ago (February 9). But I used condom and ejaculated with in the condom. And condom didnt tear. But she gave me oral for a minute but I didnt ejaculate in her mouth. I didnt do oral thing to her. After 2 days, I had sore throat and flu between 98.4 to 99.3...and still I have that sore throat thing. (I used to smoke tobacco my then also.)

After 3 months, from last 1 week days I am feeling muscle ache and tiredness. (I sleep late at night and Most often I do masturbate) and also sas red rashes under my armpits but its gone now (Used perfume directly on the skin). and some white spots on my groins ( I had those before sex also). i am having a small red pimple type thing in my armpits. if i touch it, i m feeling pain there. Is this a lymph node??? i also had that in my left armpits 4 days ago. but that's gone and now it shows up in my left armpits.

I am so worried ... Am i infected by that oral sex?? I received oral thing but I didnt give.

georgiagail responded:
Oral sex carries an EXTREMELY (and I do mean extremely) small risk of HIV transmission.

The estimated risk is .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus.

Your risk would be less since you cannot confirm your partners status and the assumption is that the oral sex was carried to completion (i.e., longer than 1 minute).

In addition, symptoms of early onset HIV show up 2 to 6 weeks after transmission, not 2 days later.

If you remain concerned, get a screening test. Three months have passed and any test result will certainly be accurate...but the test result will undoubtedly come back showing that this event did not leave you infected.

Gail

Rockers001 replied to georgiagail's response:
but i wrote that after three month I have rashes on my armpits and body aches also. and still i am having sore throat. does it cause by my smoking thing?? Bcz I used to take tobacco that time.

georgiagail replied to Rockers001's response:
Tobacco use can certainly cause a sore throat.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.